Monday, October 18, 2010

pizza pizza

The night before our wedding we were up till 3 am. The morning of our wedding we woke up at 6 am; too excited to sleep, so ready to get up, get going and get married! We got married up Payson Canyon near Maple Lake and had lunch at Tracy’s parents house after the ceremony. Then we headed up to Salt Lake to stay the night and fly back home to AZ the next day. By the time we got to our hotel in Salt Lake we were exhausted!! We tossed around the idea of going out to dinner but we were just too tired and decided to order pizza. And that’s when it all happened. We decided to start a little anniversary tradition of getting pizza instead of going out to dinner. See I am a VERY picky eater and it’s hard for me to find food that I like. Usually I end up ordering off the kids menu. Not only is it embarrassing when they ask if I’m under 12, but it’s expensive. It doesn’t make sense to pay 8 dollars for a grilled cheese that I could make for a dollar, and mine would probably taste better too. So we found a medium. We both love pizza, it’s easy and cheap too. Bonus, you can eat the leftovers for every meal until it’s gone. Our idea is to try a different pizza place on our month marks for the first year. After that we will decide which pizza place is “Our Place” and either eat there or have it delivered on our year anniversaries. So far we’ve tried Pizza Hut, Z Pizza and NYPD Pizza. And believe me, there are no 2 pizzas alike.

Here are the pizzas we’ve tried so far.

(And just a side note, I don’t eat meat and have I mentioned I’m REALLY picky? Because I am. So we usually get two separate pizzas)

Pizza Hut: cheese pizza and a meat lovers pizza.
Z Pizza: cheese pizza substituted with chipotle pesto sauce and soy cheese and a Mediterranean rustica pizza
NYPD Pizza: (so far our favorite) pizza blanca without ricotta and a Philly cheese steak pizza, both Sicilian style.

I think this is probably one of the best ideas we’ve ever had.


The NYPD Pizza





Isn’t my hubby just the cutest ever!?

No comments:

Post a Comment